Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Well it is starting to get warm here and I can feel spring on the horizon. I am on my second week in my position as sous chef in the kitchen. It is going fairly well, although it always takes some time to get used to a routine. I can't complain, though, as far as kitchen jobs go this one is good. I work four really long days, but then get 3 off. I got a book on North Carolina and hope to explore its vast network of national parks and biking trails. You wouldn't think it, but the smoky mountain, Blue Ridge and park of the AT are all here. It is very peaceful in the small town of Mill Springs where Cooperriis is located (it’s about the size of Elbert). I am going to start some classes in the Asheville area soon, but I am enjoying not having to drive everywhere and try to enjoy my time here on the farm. I will post some pictures soon. I plan on taking some on my next day off. The house is going well, although frost is preventing the laying of pipes and pouring of concrete. I will most likely be coming out to Colorado at the end of April beginning of May to close. I plan to stay a few days and visit with everyone. I can't wait to see everyone. I really do miss all of you. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Ed, Dad, Jeep says...

Hi. This blog is for all of you to post your latest info, thoughts, pictures, etc. You can also add upcoming events or book and movie recommendations, or create new sections of things you want to share with everyone. I hope you will all use it!

If you want to add a blog post or update any of the links or lists on the right side, you'll need to login at the top (so keep track of your login info). Once you've logged in, click new post (at the top) to add a blog post in the middle section here, or click the little hammer and screwdriver next to any section you want to edit.