Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dating on the Downswing

Well, things have fizzled out here in my dating life. The woman I met in Walgreen's has apparently stopped calling.

We had two dates -- one planned, one spontaneous. Both dates involved having lunch, but the second involved grocery shopping. Both of us needed to buy food for home, and so we went together. Sometime into the following week, all two-way communication stopped. No more emails or phone calls from her. I called several times and left messages, but I gave up yesterday after the final call.

I don't know why this happened. She does work two jobs, and there were obvious lifestyle differences that had already come up, although I would have at least appreciated a phone call indicating a definite reason why things shouldn't or couldn't continue.

Well, I tried, and so did she, but this has got to be the shortest dating streak I've been through. One woman, two dates, and that's it. I wish I could say I learned something from this, but there wasn't enough time to bring up any life lessons. All I can say is that I dated her.

I'm OK. I'm a little disappointed, but OK. I have other things to do, and I know other people who will appreciate having me around when I do something away from home. Life goes on. Maybe next time I'll find someone that I can connect with better.

2 comments:

KK said...

I am sorry you are having a rough time with the dating scene. I know before Christian, it was tough out there. Some women can be rude too, not letting you know why they don't want to date.

I hope it gets better.
Love,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks. I'm getting over it. If she doesn't want to call or anything else, that's fine. I doubt that she will be the last woman I date.

Ed, Dad, Jeep says...

Hi. This blog is for all of you to post your latest info, thoughts, pictures, etc. You can also add upcoming events or book and movie recommendations, or create new sections of things you want to share with everyone. I hope you will all use it!

If you want to add a blog post or update any of the links or lists on the right side, you'll need to login at the top (so keep track of your login info). Once you've logged in, click new post (at the top) to add a blog post in the middle section here, or click the little hammer and screwdriver next to any section you want to edit.