Monday, February 25, 2008

Missing Dad

So I had a weird experience today.   We decided to go to PetCo for dog food, it is farther away than pet smart, today.  As we were driving home I saw the Kaufman Big and Tall store.  I suddenly had this vivid memory of Dad and Barbara walking in there.  I saw them walk in there before he got sick.  It was just as though it was the same time of day (even though it was dark out).  I don't think I can explain it very well - it was just so real.  

I think for a while now I have been okay with Dad.  But with this everything came flooding back.   I do miss him.  I can remember his long strides as he was walking into that store with his blue coat that I now have hanging on my coat rack.  Even driving to Colorado Mills Mall the other day to buy pjs for the kids - I kept thinking about the days I visited Dad at Jyoti's.

I think it might get harder as it gets closer to May.  If it does for anyone else, I would love to talk about him.  It might help.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Last night I had a major cry fest... I was fine, got in bed, then something hit me and I was so sad and so angry. It was like everything just happened or was happening in that moment. I haven't cried that hard in a while.

It just isn't fair and I want him back!!

KK said...

That is so weird because that was the same as me - I started bawling at night as well. I wonder what that is about. Both of us around the same time, I haven't cried that hard either in a long time.

Ed, Dad, Jeep says...

Hi. This blog is for all of you to post your latest info, thoughts, pictures, etc. You can also add upcoming events or book and movie recommendations, or create new sections of things you want to share with everyone. I hope you will all use it!

If you want to add a blog post or update any of the links or lists on the right side, you'll need to login at the top (so keep track of your login info). Once you've logged in, click new post (at the top) to add a blog post in the middle section here, or click the little hammer and screwdriver next to any section you want to edit.