Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jill update with Indonesia, McCarthy photo links



I guess I shouldn't request life updates without doing one of my own...

I am now approaching the end of the second trimester of my first year at the Colorado Academy of Art in Boulder. The school is just what I have been looking for over the past three years! The training is in the classical style, which means learning in the same manner and with the same centuries-old techniques as the great European masters (Michaelangelo, etc.) (My blog link will take you to see my student works if you'd like--they are subdivided by school in the left coloumn.) I will complete a two year certificate and then Jeff and I plan to go to St. Petersburg, Russia, where I will study at the Repin Academy for a year (provided I can find funding).

My ultimate goal is to became a portrait artist, telling people's stories through paintings. I'm also volunteering with the kids art classes at the school--and hope to eventually get paid there or elsewhere to continue to do so. I actually just met a woman at the hospital nearby who is talking to a couple of people for me about opportunities to work/volunteer doing art with children of cancer patients or patients themselves. I'll let you know as that develops.

Other than that, not much going on. Jeff and I went to Indonesia (he for the UN Conference on Climate Change, me for vacation with him after the conference ended). Check out our Indonesia slide show.

Here's a link to photos from our 2005 trip to McCarthy, Alaska. (If you click on "view slide show", then "option" in the lower right hand corner, then "always show title and description," my comments will pop up on the photos as you view the show.)

Hope everyone is well--Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Ed, Dad, Jeep says...

Hi. This blog is for all of you to post your latest info, thoughts, pictures, etc. You can also add upcoming events or book and movie recommendations, or create new sections of things you want to share with everyone. I hope you will all use it!

If you want to add a blog post or update any of the links or lists on the right side, you'll need to login at the top (so keep track of your login info). Once you've logged in, click new post (at the top) to add a blog post in the middle section here, or click the little hammer and screwdriver next to any section you want to edit.