Sunday, July 5, 2009

It's been a long time baby!

I apologize for not keeping more connected with everyone. I like everyone, I suppose, was extremely busy throughout June. As some of you might know I have been busy spending my weekends at summer festivals, here in North Carolina and some surrounding states, with my friends making, vending and performing with hula hoops. Three of us have started The Asheville Hoops Troupe and we are now booking performances at various venues in the Asheville area. I guess you could say I'm hooked. Between working and hooping practice ect... I stay jam packed. I am also in negotiations to buy a house here in West Asheville at the end of the month. Although I never thought I would hang around anywhere for very long, I guess I have found my groove here, for now at least. I enjoy the Blue Ridge Mountain Range here in Asheville, that butts up against the Great Smoky Mountains. There are ample national forests, parks, rivers and plenty of whiter water rafting. Asheville is an interesting mix of artists, performers and musicians mixed in with mountain men, moonshine and a real southern flare. To say the least it is really interesting. Jyoti is driving out here next week and I am taking him rafting with my boater friends and to the local roller derby. Should be fun. I hope to make it back to Colorado sometime in the fall, maybe September, to see ya'll. Hope everyone is doing well.

Shona

P.S. I have put a link on the blog to my friend Melanie's website Asheville Hoops.

No comments:

Ed, Dad, Jeep says...

Hi. This blog is for all of you to post your latest info, thoughts, pictures, etc. You can also add upcoming events or book and movie recommendations, or create new sections of things you want to share with everyone. I hope you will all use it!

If you want to add a blog post or update any of the links or lists on the right side, you'll need to login at the top (so keep track of your login info). Once you've logged in, click new post (at the top) to add a blog post in the middle section here, or click the little hammer and screwdriver next to any section you want to edit.