Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Eric!

Sorry this is a day late. I've been so busy that the days seem to run together--I've been thinking about you all week though!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday and will have an adventurous new year. Here are some pictures form my travels to inspire you:



This is a view from my jogging route when I lived in Dinguiraye, Guinea.




Local transport: yes, that is a TV on the back of the bike and it was ridden miles into the countryside and hooked up to a generator to show videos about HIV.




I spent part of most afternoons in St. Petersburg, Russia with a walk along the city canals (you actually can't avoid them) or the Neva river.




St. Petersburg was really lovely and very European, especially in the rain (does that make any sense--fleeting memories of childhood in Brussels?).




This is closer to home, but had a faraway feel. I loved the landscape and its colors around Taos, NM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, thank you. (smile)

Maybe next year I'll take a day off. Oh wait, I just checked my calendar - next year my birthday is on a Friday, but who knows what I'll be doing then. I might not be on night shift at that point. (If I am, I'll have most of the day off anyway.)

Ed, Dad, Jeep says...

Hi. This blog is for all of you to post your latest info, thoughts, pictures, etc. You can also add upcoming events or book and movie recommendations, or create new sections of things you want to share with everyone. I hope you will all use it!

If you want to add a blog post or update any of the links or lists on the right side, you'll need to login at the top (so keep track of your login info). Once you've logged in, click new post (at the top) to add a blog post in the middle section here, or click the little hammer and screwdriver next to any section you want to edit.