Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Long Lost Aunt

Back in November 2008 I was doing a little on-line genealogy research and came across a message from a woman looking for information on William Jacob Simpson (Grandpa Vic's father). I e-mailed her, and she just now wrote me back. As it turns out, Billie was Grandpa Vic's half-sister. She was born in 1949 when Jake was 70(!), so she's 4 years younger than Mom but is her aunt. I'm not sure why we never knew about her (she is not listed in my Simpson genealogy book from Virginia - at least not where I think she should be), but I believe she is now our only living great-relative. She is actually our kids' great-great-aunt, if you can believe that. The internet is an amazing thing, isn't it?

1 comment:

Jill said...

I've been meaning to ask you more about this--how cool is that?! Did you find out anything about her?

Ed, Dad, Jeep says...

Hi. This blog is for all of you to post your latest info, thoughts, pictures, etc. You can also add upcoming events or book and movie recommendations, or create new sections of things you want to share with everyone. I hope you will all use it!

If you want to add a blog post or update any of the links or lists on the right side, you'll need to login at the top (so keep track of your login info). Once you've logged in, click new post (at the top) to add a blog post in the middle section here, or click the little hammer and screwdriver next to any section you want to edit.