Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To Dad!

I feel the same, Deana.  I have dreams and memories about Dad all the time.  It is very hard.  I year ago, we were all in the hospital watching our father go.  It is so painful and it feels like yesterday. I remember the last lucid moment I had with him.  I told him I loved him, and he lifted up his face and kissed me.  It meant and still means so much to me.  There are many times I think about what I could have done different with my time with him.  Or I think about how I never really appreciated him for who he was until it was too late.  I was so caught up, growing up, thinking he didn't love me or wasn't proud but he always was.  I was just too self absorbed to see it.  So I will take this pain of knowing that, and I will try to be better with others.  I will try to appreciate and love people how they are and not how I expect them to be.  

Dad was such a good person and I miss him so much.  It is so hard knowing we won't see him again.   I think about him daily and hopefully as time goes by, I will remember all the good times,  more than him dying.  We should all maybe use this site to write happy memories of him so we will all remember and will be able to tell the children.  I think that is what he would want. 

No comments:

Ed, Dad, Jeep says...

Hi. This blog is for all of you to post your latest info, thoughts, pictures, etc. You can also add upcoming events or book and movie recommendations, or create new sections of things you want to share with everyone. I hope you will all use it!

If you want to add a blog post or update any of the links or lists on the right side, you'll need to login at the top (so keep track of your login info). Once you've logged in, click new post (at the top) to add a blog post in the middle section here, or click the little hammer and screwdriver next to any section you want to edit.